So Sam decided to cut down this HUGE tree that was in our front yard forever ago.(I think it was the week we moved in). This big stump has been in our front yard...for months now. We looked into all kinds of things to get rid of it, and the main obstacle was the gas line that ran RIGHT next to it. So it just sat there...and sat there. I then got mad at it and drilled a million holes in it. I filled them with nitrogen and covered it. Maybe it would rot. I checked it out after a month and there were some creepy white worms, and it was maybe doing something. But I figured at the rate it was going it would rot in three years. Maybe. So I just keep walking past this thing. It became my "impossible." Well, after listening to a few talks about "doing hard things" and "doing thing we think are impossible" from my parents. I thought...this is my "impossible" because I don't really believe I can get this thing out, and no one else does either. So I got my axe, my grubbing hoe, and my shovel and I got to work. I was about 2/3rds around it. Axing through all these huge roots and I was losing hope. It wasn't even showing signs of budging. I went to borrow a tool from a neighbor, and he came over to take a look. Well, he says, "I'll be right back." He comes back with a jack and uses it to jack it up. It gave me hope. So I chopped through the rest of those roots with gusto, and it was done! Wahoo.
I love a woman of action...sometimes you just got to do it! No more looking at a yucky stump!
ReplyDelete