This picture has nothing to do with this post, but I couldn't post without a picture...I just couldn't. This is when Garrett got stuck under our shelves, and I had to get him out. The reason for today's post is because of my brave boy. I go outside to call Garrett inside. He gets on his bike and starts riding across the street. I notice a bee or something is following him...but I figure it will fly away soon. But no. He gets closer and closer and I realize this bee is not leaving him alone. He doesn't even notice. He gets off his bike, and I don't see it anymore, so I am thinking "tragedy averted." But no. He shakes his little body...and I realize it is in his shirt! Long sleeved at that! I rip his shirt off of him and the bee falls out. Already dead. Garrett starts kind of whining a bit and rubbing his chest. Says he thinks the dead bee bit him, and he needs a band aid. He is definitely uncomfortable and we do all the great mom things to fix him right up. I can't believe how brave he is. This is so shocking to me, and if any of you had seen how Molly reacted when she got stung, you would know why. As a sidenote, we went to the doc about an hour later to get a flu shot, and he protested once, and then said, "Never mind mom, I will get it." When they asked if he wanted his mom to go first, he said, "No! I wanna go first!" And jumped up on the table and laid down before the nurses had turned around. What a guy. He also shared his ice cream with Molly. He kept holding out each spoonful after saying "Close your eyes...now open dem...surprise!"
Monday, September 28, 2009
Garrett and the crazy bee
This picture has nothing to do with this post, but I couldn't post without a picture...I just couldn't. This is when Garrett got stuck under our shelves, and I had to get him out. The reason for today's post is because of my brave boy. I go outside to call Garrett inside. He gets on his bike and starts riding across the street. I notice a bee or something is following him...but I figure it will fly away soon. But no. He gets closer and closer and I realize this bee is not leaving him alone. He doesn't even notice. He gets off his bike, and I don't see it anymore, so I am thinking "tragedy averted." But no. He shakes his little body...and I realize it is in his shirt! Long sleeved at that! I rip his shirt off of him and the bee falls out. Already dead. Garrett starts kind of whining a bit and rubbing his chest. Says he thinks the dead bee bit him, and he needs a band aid. He is definitely uncomfortable and we do all the great mom things to fix him right up. I can't believe how brave he is. This is so shocking to me, and if any of you had seen how Molly reacted when she got stung, you would know why. As a sidenote, we went to the doc about an hour later to get a flu shot, and he protested once, and then said, "Never mind mom, I will get it." When they asked if he wanted his mom to go first, he said, "No! I wanna go first!" And jumped up on the table and laid down before the nurses had turned around. What a guy. He also shared his ice cream with Molly. He kept holding out each spoonful after saying "Close your eyes...now open dem...surprise!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BYU at SDSU Football Game
Buddies
Fall 2007
Molly Ann diggin at the Beach
Summer 2007
Buried in the Sand
I loved it when he got buried, because he would just sit there...it made the beach much more relaxing. :-)
Wow! That is amazing. I had my first bee sting in island park and it hurt so bad!! What a brave kid.
ReplyDeleteHe is seriously brave. I love that he knows it too. Funny. Great seeing you today even though we watched an additional kid...luckily his dad was just past the school.
ReplyDelete