Friday, February 19, 2010

Great Grandma's 85th, a broken toe...and "i'm never going to the olympics"

Sadly, this is the only picture I have from our trip to Boise. We were all sick the whole time, so that would explain my lack of picture taking. This is how Hansen felt the whole time there. He sucked his fingers a lot. :-) Great Grandma Meredith is 85! The party was grand, and the best part was all the cute people showing up in the sunday best to celebrate Grandma. She is one of the sweetest women alive and has lived such a faithful life. Since her husband died when he was 63, she has been a widow for a long long time. That is why I eat so unhealthy, so I can die before Sam. :-) We love her! And we are so grateful for her.
This is a pic of Garrett's toe after a few days.You can't see much, but the whole side of the foot where the pinky toe was hurt was much darker in color, and the inside of his pinky toe was black. He is a tough dude. He just limped around on the rest of our trip. Even got his shoes on by himself while gritting his teeth. We make it a point to get some kind of injury when we are in the great city of Boise.


Finally, my cute little Molly has informed me she will not be participating in the Olympics ever. She watched the women's downhill and has made up her mind. I'm pretty sure she thought I was going to make her try that at some point.(she has needed a bit of coaxing while on the mountain, and she loves it after she is "coaxed"). I told her I am fine if she doesn't want to hurl her body down a mountain at 75 MPH. Fine by me. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame Molly a bit...that was so scary looking. I think half the time they are just celebrating that they made it down the hill alive. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

BYU at SDSU Football Game

BYU at SDSU Football Game

Buddies

Buddies
Fall 2007

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach
Summer 2007

Buried in the Sand

Buried in the Sand
I loved it when he got buried, because he would just sit there...it made the beach much more relaxing. :-)