Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy First Year Hansen!

Oh how I love this boy! He melts me. We celebrated his first year today. I reflected on how fast this year has gone, and how I need to cherish every day with my little people.
I'm kind of a ghetto mom who doesn't really do decorations and party favors really well...but I do love a good excuse to make rainbow chip cake mix...in any form...with that incredible frosting. Mmmmmm. Frogs...cause this boy LOVES to jump.
In this pic we are trying to pretend he cared about his presents...he didn't care. Not one bit...but he enjoyed rustling around with the tissue paper.
Hansen's favorite foods were on the menu.(so this did NOT include peas or chicken) We(in attendance: Sam's parents, my parents, Pete and Jen's fam, Joe +1, Andi and Bryan's fam including new baby Drew, and Emily and her boys) ate sweet potato fries, butternut squash, green beans(again...NOT peas...Hansen' said NO PEAS), peaches, pears, and blueberries. Delicious, healthy, and pretty sure if we all ate like that we would all be as happy as Hansen.
This sums up how much he cared about the party. This is his, "Please give me my bottle now, put me in my pj's and kiss me goodnight...and thanks for letting me squish that whole cupcake in my fingers and play with it...you're the best mom in the whole world face."

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting...I never would've put you as one of those moms to have a fiesta for a one-year-old party! Very interesting...Cute cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete

BYU at SDSU Football Game

BYU at SDSU Football Game

Buddies

Buddies
Fall 2007

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach
Summer 2007

Buried in the Sand

Buried in the Sand
I loved it when he got buried, because he would just sit there...it made the beach much more relaxing. :-)