Garrett trying to sneak up on a mama caribou and her babies. He got pretty close(about ten yards) then they took off. He just wanted to "wide one of dem." He was a little disappointed.
My morning run route. So pretty. The flowers on the side of the road were so fragrant.
Mesa Falls. So amazing to me. It was kind of a scary view.
Our only major car stoppage in Yellowstone. He didn't seem to be inconvenienced at all by all of the cars. Kids loved this.
Waiting patiently for Old Faithful...this lasted for about five minutes for Garrett and then he wanted me to hold him while he whined about how he was so tiwed and his tummy was "gwumbwing." He pulled his head off my shoulder for all of one minute to watch Old Faithful's show.
Hansen was thrilled as well. :-)We just got back from our trip to Island Park, ID. What a beautiful part of the world. Highlights for me were getting on a wake board for the first time in a LONG time....taking a morning run in the fresh air(filled with wildflowers)...watching Garrett and Sam have a little man time skipping rocks...watching my husband bring in a big beautiful rainbow at Henry's Fork...tubing with the kids(Molly in particular is fun because she gets anxious for unknown stuff like her mom...and then loves it after she dares to do it)...roasted marshmallows...the big bison strolling down the middle of the road at Yellowstone. What a fun time to be with family and enjoy a beautiful part of our country.
Beautiful pictures! Definitely a place I know my kids would love to visit...maybe someday!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you guys had a blast. About old faithful, I'm with Garrett. I remember being unimpressed myself. I was a self-absored 16 year old at the time. I figure if you can't win over 3 year olds or teens your not that impressive. Maybe I should designate the wonders of the world.
ReplyDeleteGlad the trip was fun...and morning runs? Look at you go!
While on my quest to designate the world-wide wonders, I will also learn how to spell YOU'RE.
ReplyDeleteI'm annoyed I can't fix it...grrr.