This year was the inaugural year of Osguthorpe Cousin's Camp. It was so fantastic. This is quite an experience for all these cousins. They sleep in tents outside at Grandma and Grandpa O's house. The days are filled with "family history obstacle courses", Ukulele with Grandma and Lisa(and I know Grandma Sedgwick was playing up above as well), frame making(with the camp scripture to be put inside), Aunt's Devotionals, Uncle's fireside, great food, awards named after their great grandparents(more on that later), marshmallow roasting, Rock Canyon Hiking, Bean Museum fun(thanks Katy...the Bowling alley did not consult us about their carpet replacement...rude...you saved us), tons of cousin fun...etc...Molly was in heaven the whole time. She loved sleeping outside even after Logan and Juliette put the idea into Molly's mind that deer might chew through the tent and come in after them. :-) To show how intense 17 grandkids are for my kids I post the following pic after the first day when I ran home for a bit to give the boys naps...we didn't make it.(It takes under ten minutes to get to my house) :-)Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Cousin's Camp 2009
This year was the inaugural year of Osguthorpe Cousin's Camp. It was so fantastic. This is quite an experience for all these cousins. They sleep in tents outside at Grandma and Grandpa O's house. The days are filled with "family history obstacle courses", Ukulele with Grandma and Lisa(and I know Grandma Sedgwick was playing up above as well), frame making(with the camp scripture to be put inside), Aunt's Devotionals, Uncle's fireside, great food, awards named after their great grandparents(more on that later), marshmallow roasting, Rock Canyon Hiking, Bean Museum fun(thanks Katy...the Bowling alley did not consult us about their carpet replacement...rude...you saved us), tons of cousin fun...etc...Molly was in heaven the whole time. She loved sleeping outside even after Logan and Juliette put the idea into Molly's mind that deer might chew through the tent and come in after them. :-) To show how intense 17 grandkids are for my kids I post the following pic after the first day when I ran home for a bit to give the boys naps...we didn't make it.(It takes under ten minutes to get to my house) :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BYU at SDSU Football Game
Buddies
Fall 2007
Molly Ann diggin at the Beach
Summer 2007
Buried in the Sand
I loved it when he got buried, because he would just sit there...it made the beach much more relaxing. :-)
What a fun tradition. Fun memories. I tried to guess which kid belonged to whom, they are so cute (Especially your little ones :))
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lot of fun! I am sure the kids had a blast.
ReplyDeleteDarling picture of all those cousins. We do "Grandma Camp" on my husbands side but they have a lot less grandchildren. What troopers your parents are!
ReplyDelete