Sometimes babies can be hard...especially little bitty babies...but sick babies can be really hard. Olivia has had some sort of sickness for pretty much 3/4 of her life. RSV at 3 weeks, gastrointestinal thing, parainfluenza, and an itty bitty cold. She toughed out most of these things pretty well. I like to say nursing helped, but that is just cause I need to say that to feel a sense of accomplishment, because it is hard to get up and nurse a sick baby when you feel SO sick yourself. Reflux was a result of the RSV...and I have never had a reflux baby before...I had wondered why in the world people kept giving me all these burp cloths for gifts. I had never used them. Ever. Molly spit up twice...it was more like projectile vomiting. Garrett...not really...Hansen...not really. Wow...THIS is what people do with babies??? Holy smokes??? Horrible. I feel like my laundry has quadrupled. We got her on some medicine, and I have been grateful for whoever invented it ever since. We feel like we are on the way up now. The low point of all of this was when Sam had to go out of town for work, and Livi Rue woke up every two hours all three nights he was gone...unbelievable stuff. We are hopefully on to a healthier happier life now.
This kids have enjoyed basketball camp this summer(well, they loved the popsicle breaks)...Molly is now in dance camp(and it's a nice review of some french)...and hopefully we get a little soccer camp in. We are eating lettuce and spinach and chard and strawberries out of the garden, and can't wait for more to start coming. There is something really fun for me about picking a bunch of strawberries and washing them in the hose on the lawn and eating them with the kids. It was the same last year with cherry tomatoes. I don't know why I love it so much, but it is easily the hightlight of the summer for me. Swimming at my aunt's pool, and going to the waterpark are the highlight for the kids. Hansen asks the moment Sam walks in the door. "Go Wimming! Wata pawk!" Molly has been loving Sudoku(i'm barely skilled enough for the beginner puzzles) and Garrett has been enjoying lego kits...fun stuff.
ohh the joys of motherhood. Never a clean moment, and mine are teenagers. Miss you glad to hear life keeps moving on.
ReplyDelete