Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Time flies when...

Life is crazy! It seemed so great. I prepared myself for complete horror with 4 kids, and so it seemed pretty feasible. We were plugging along, enjoying life and then Livi Rue couldn't breath...RSV invaded her little body. I was up the whole night just watching her get gradually worse and worse. Those are the breaks if you have older kids my brother(dr russ) told me. He also told me to consult him if we ever decided to have a baby in February. If I was ever crazy enough to get pregnant again I would move FAR FAR away, and get a nanny for my other kids until the bugs were dead. Seriously. She finally got better...and we were plugging along again. Hey, I can do this, I thought to myself....and then Hansen threw up....again and again and again. Sam stayed up with him. Said it was bad. Then three days later, Garrett got it and came up in tears saying, "Now I don't get to go to cousins camp." it just so happened that this hit us while my brothers who we see once a year were in town with their families and they do a cuz camp with devotionals and sports and crafts....and Garrett missed it, but Molly got to go and then three days after that Molly got it. And in between that, Sam and I both got it. I have never had to nurse a baby through nausea etc...and it was one of the harder things I have done. You don't exactly feel like snuggling...but we made it through...and now I am documenting it so I don't forget how hard life has been...so that it seems easier later. :-)

Since my last journal entry(Livi's birth) we celebrated Hansen's birthday. He is such a lovable little dude. He sings full blast "I love to see the Temple" at bedtime and you can barely understand a word...and he is a little off tune. So it's even cuter. He clears his bowl or plate without being asked. He says "sorry" right after someone gets hurt and gives a kiss(Mmmm...awwm). He has ONE annoying two year old thing...which is a very high pitched scream...which he is getting better at...and I haven't had a two year old with that before...but since he is so sweet 99% of the time I won't hold the scream thing against him. He rides his scooter with reckless abandon. He lets "Molly b'Golly" take care off him...but won't let Garrett. He LOVES all things ball and balloon. Hence the balloons for his birthday. The ceiling was covered too. He loved it. Barely had time for his "crocodilo cake" He sang "Hata birfday to you" and we had to blow out candles a couple times...he loved it.


Just had to add in this little pic of Livi Rue. This dress(which I made for Molly from material that my mom used for dresses for us when we were little) was what she wore in the big family pic when my brothers were here. We had to drag our whole family down there, while Garrett held a barf bucket...and I am pretty sure he didn't smile in the picture. He was miserable. But probably not more miserable than my nephew who had a swollen face from an allergic reaction to a wasp sting. Memorable family pic..that is for sure...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how I can relate. Cute kids! Hope the bugs give you all a break for a while. The pukes are definitely bad, but nothing is worse than watching your baby struggle to breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at that smile! so sweet. ah Lisa, 4 kids. i don't know what to tell you. i can barely crack my eyes open most days w/ these 2. you are my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you are a true parent! Where the highs are high and we try not to remember the lows, cause the highs are just too great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I remember spending the night in the hospital with a baby trying to breathe, while in PT school, trying to trust my husband in residency to take care of 2 other kids. Life really does get easier!! ( but then they make you president of something)

    ReplyDelete

BYU at SDSU Football Game

BYU at SDSU Football Game

Buddies

Buddies
Fall 2007

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach
Summer 2007

Buried in the Sand

Buried in the Sand
I loved it when he got buried, because he would just sit there...it made the beach much more relaxing. :-)