Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day


This was a great Mother's Day. Memorable. I got to sleep in...and then I woke up to Molly crying. Sam then informed me that she was throwing up. Nice. Happy Mother's Day. (On a side note, I told someone at church about her, and she said, "That's funny...last Mother's day was the first day I met you. You walked into the mother's lounge and Hansen(1 month old) had pooped out, all over everything. You came in with a smile and said, "Happy Mother's day!" I told her I was glad she reminded me of this so I can look forward with great anticipation to next year) So I went to church(so I could get my tomato, basil, cilantro plant from the Cooks of Cook's nursery), and sat with Garrett. He was great. He was telling the kids in front of us to be reverent and he would give them a piece of his gum he'd bought at the store. It was hilarious. Then before he was supposed to go up and sing with the primary(I got a little worried, bc I had always depended on the fact that Molly would be there with him to coax him into it) So I gave him a little warning that he was about to go up and sing. He looked at me very worried, and then a few seconds later said, "I will sing, 'The Lord Commanded Nephi...'" I told him he was singing mother's day songs. He then looked really worried and said he can't sing those all by himself cuz he doesn't know all the words. I then realized he thought singing in Sacrament meeting meant he had to sing ALONE. :-) I explained that he got to go up there and sing with everyone. And if he was a little nervous, he could wink at me and I would wink back. He stood up there as cute as can be...and winked. Later on, he gave me a little thumbs up. Melted me. I wanted to just squeeze him tight. I was then asked to help with a little thing in primary where they asked the kids questions and we had to guess what they answered..."What is your mom's favorite food?" G said Eggs, I said French toast. "What is your favorite holiday?" G said Halloween, and I said Halloween just cause I knew that is what Garrett would say. Then...they asked, "Would your mom rather read a book or watch tv?" I said Neither, cause Garrett is asleep when I do stuff like that...it's not like I can read or watch tv when they are awake. He responded SO matter of factly when it was his turn, "My mom likes to watch basketball." :-) Hilarious, that got a good laugh...especially from me. I then missed R.S. and came home to the throw up.

Sam got me flowers, aka: No flowers, but a new shirt in a flower vase with my favorite honey dijon chips balanced on top. We then had my mom and dad over and my sister and her fam for dinner. Shrimp scaampi for my mom and watergate cake for my sister. I then opened presents from the kids...signs to stake out in the garden...so cute. An exceptional day that was made even better by a woman in church who talked about gratitude. She didn't talk about being a mom, or anything like it...she spoke about gratitude. This is a woman that has made it through cancer...twice...and she spoke simply and clearly on gratitude. It was truth...and I was grateful to have been there.

1 comment:

  1. Mother's Day wouldn't be mother's day without something fun and exciting happening...like a kid puking or pooping all over, right?

    ReplyDelete

BYU at SDSU Football Game

BYU at SDSU Football Game

Buddies

Buddies
Fall 2007

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach
Summer 2007

Buried in the Sand

Buried in the Sand
I loved it when he got buried, because he would just sit there...it made the beach much more relaxing. :-)