Thursday, May 20, 2010

Garrett's big Weekend

Our Garrett J is 4! He was SO excited for his birthday, and Molly helped him get really excited by helping him "plan" it for about two weeks. She does this every year for her own birthday, and it stresses me out...and she decided she would stress me out for Garrett's now too. :-) She was also sweet enough to help me get ready. She LOVES parties, and LOVES to get ready for them. She helped me remember things that we had bought for it, she helped take care of Hansen and read him books, and she saved the day by remember to get s'mores stuff...she is a party planner for sure. Heaven help us all when her wedding day arrives.
Garrett got to go to Fathers and Sons. It is held right around his birthday every year. He LOVES camping. He got to sleep on the top bunk, he got to hike with his Dad, and he got to eat marshmallows. It's hard to see a close up on his face...but it is MESSY. He walked in the door holding a bone. Nothing like bringing carcasses home. Love that. But it was worth it when he said, "Mom look! I found a WEAL bone from a deer. It's a wibbon bone!" And yes, it was a rib from a deer, and I am not sure what to do with it. :-)
My kids get to go to a cake website and pick out whatever cake they want me to make. Garrett skipped over the dragon, and the dinosaur, and surprisingly picked the fire log cake(which was good, cause the dragon looked really hard). He loved it...I think Molly might have loved it even more...but I loved making it and it was tasty! I love chocolate cake. Mmmm. This is becoming my favorite hobby...that I do three times a year. :-)
We skipped a LOT of the stuff that Garrett had planned...but I think opening presents made up for it. He got his pool, and his scary stories in the tent, and his "real fire" to roast on. It was a great time for all. We were especially grateful to have so many family members be in town and celebrate with him. It was a great day. Our Garrett is growing up. He has always had a very soft, sensitive side, and it is starting to come out more and more. He is very protective of his sister and gets mad at me anytime me and Molly are disagreeing. He is too helpful with his little brother...but Hansen loves to watch Garrett and try to do stuff he does. He is trying hard to learn to make friends. He loves to fish, ride his bike, and play pretend...anything. I just love him.

4 comments:

  1. That cake is AWESOME!!!! Are you a family fun reader too?? Love the great ideas. From one camper to another. Great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, I just might blog a bit more. Who knows! But it's fun to see what you're up to. Awesome camp fire cake.. I may need to copy. Next time you come down, we need to get together! Your kids are growing up so fast an so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a party and the cake looks awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that cake is awesome! I'm planning Elle's party and the cake is the last thing I want to do. Could I hire you?

    ReplyDelete

BYU at SDSU Football Game

BYU at SDSU Football Game

Buddies

Buddies
Fall 2007

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach
Summer 2007

Buried in the Sand

Buried in the Sand
I loved it when he got buried, because he would just sit there...it made the beach much more relaxing. :-)