Monday, February 1, 2010

January Survival!

We have officially survived January, and I am pretty excited about it. I thought after last year(being VERY pregnant) that January couldn't get any worse, or at least it would be a little better. Nope! It is officially the month I despise in Utah. Not just for the very cold temps...but mostly for the inversion. I could say, well at least our air isn't as bad as...but no, I can't say that, because we have the WORST air in the country. I have finally figured out that it was causing some throat, sinus issues for me, and I am doing some things to remedy that. SO...we decided to take up skiing to survive. The air is clean, it is usually a bit warmer up in the mountains, and it is SO beautiful.
I am thrilled that Molly can do the rope by herself now, so I can just focus on getting Garrett comfortable on the mountain. He is improving each time he gets up there. And they are both so cute doing it! Garrett officially let go and made it down the bunny hill by himself....very slowly...but that is better than when he got going so fast that mom had to catch up to him fast and grab him. :-) Molly is a pro, and is bored on the bunny hill. We will venture to ski free at 3 at Alta, and then maybe...just maybe next year consider paying money to do it if they are both still interested.
I posted this pic of Hansen asleep(in a shirt that used to belong to his dad when he was a baby mind you). He is such a good little guy. This may be the last time I see him asleep in his Dad's arms. He is getting TOO heavy. He is walking! Craziness! He is showing more and more personality each day. Today he couldn't get enough of Garrett. He just kept trying to interact with him and giggling at every growl and every grunt that Garrett elicited as he pretended to be many friends from the animal kingdom. Wow! We really survived January(I even saw the tulips coming up already, which is probably a bad thing...but oh well...nothing like a little hope...we all need hope) Now February will just fly by. All basketball games are so relevant...warmer days will come...then march madness will be here! Here's to survival!

4 comments:

  1. This is going to sound lame, but basketball is the ONLY thing that gets me through Jan-Feb-March...winters are very LONG and I like to be warm. So I understand the need for distractions during the cold months. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, survival is a good word for what goes on during the cold months here. Are you sure it isn't illegal to be taking pics in the chapel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not miss the long winters in Utah...but way to make the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly would never come back to Utah for the long winters, but the skiing makes it oh so tempting.

    You are such a fun mom to take your kids.

    ReplyDelete

BYU at SDSU Football Game

BYU at SDSU Football Game

Buddies

Buddies
Fall 2007

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach
Summer 2007

Buried in the Sand

Buried in the Sand
I loved it when he got buried, because he would just sit there...it made the beach much more relaxing. :-)