Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Christmas Tradition
I love Christmas traditions...but one that I hope will become permanent in our family is the one we just did tonight at the nursing home. We have done it the last couple of years originally with the youth in our ward. It was a youth activity, but I brought the kids along for fun. Well, the kiddos were a hit. Old people love young people. They love watching Garrett be out of control and just jump everywhere he goes. They love the energy. They loved all the songs from the youth. They loved the two little ones as they got up and held hands and sang Rudolph with Garrett interjecting a few words here and there and a loud Ho, Ho, Ho and Molly singing loud and proud. They all got a kick out of it. They all get a little gift and a hello and Merry Christmas from a youth in our ward, and hopefully don't get hit by the crazy Garrett running around everywhere. But it was a joy, to see a little joy in those old eyes. Those eyes that have seen a lot in this world, and now who are stuck in a nursing home during the holidays. It is memorable for our little family, and reminds us of our blessings. So...go visit a nursing home. Take your crazy kids...they will love them! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BYU at SDSU Football Game
Buddies
Fall 2007
Molly Ann diggin at the Beach
Summer 2007
Buried in the Sand
I loved it when he got buried, because he would just sit there...it made the beach much more relaxing. :-)
that is a neat tradition. How could anyone not love Molly and Garrett singing??
ReplyDeleteI saw myself listed as "Private Blog People." I like how it tells people, don't even try to look at her blog because you can't? haha I missed seeing you guys for Thanksgiving. I heard you all had fun.
ReplyDeleteCan you give me your address please???