Friday, November 28, 2008
My Favorite Holiday...
I have always loved Thanksgiving. I think that it is my obsession with food. And when else can you fill a plate up with every kind of pie...and it is normal. I love it. I love focusing on our gratitude. And I am grateful for so much. Top of the list of course are my family and lately, the clear perspective the gospel brings. We hit traffic on the way up to Orange County yesterday and Molly said in all sincerity, "Wow, there are a LOT of people going to Debbie's house."(My cousin who we spent the holiday with) Then Garrett at the end of a drive that took twice the time it should have said, "Can I come too, pease?" and when we got him out of seat, he said, "Oh fank you Daddy, fank you!" I was laughing pretty hard on our way in as I thought of my two year old thinking we drove an hour and a half for nothing and he was SO grateful that he didn't have to stay in his seat anymore. We had a great time, and it was finished off with a little ukulele playing with my cousin. I know Grandma was smiling down on us all. :-) Here is a little taste of our 1st Annual Family Thanksgiving Play. It consisted of Molly pretending to be the Turkey, Sam pretending to be the Farmer and Garrett the Fireman coming to save the Turkey's life. Here are a few songs from the "production."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BYU at SDSU Football Game
Buddies
Fall 2007
Molly Ann diggin at the Beach
Summer 2007
Buried in the Sand
I loved it when he got buried, because he would just sit there...it made the beach much more relaxing. :-)
Cute video! You are so good about getting your kids on video. I really need to do better!! Also the I think the tradition of an Thanksgiving play is excellent. Love the look of the blog!
ReplyDeleteCute singing by your kids, Brit (Barlow) and I are sitting here laughing at them. I love the actions that go with the song.
ReplyDeleteWhere do you find these songs??? That is awesome! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to learn these Thanksgiving songs. I'm still singing the Halloween witch one to Hailey bc she loves saying BOO at the end! Can't wait to see these cute kids in person!!
ReplyDelete