Garrett and I have had a lot of quality time together since Molly has started school. Yesterday we went to the beach and he laid on this board until a wave would get kind of close and then he would hurry and stand up. I am still not sure if he has watched the surfers enough and he wants to try to "pop up" so he can surf, or if he is just scared of the wave. One finally took him and he "surfed" until he fell down. I had to take a pic of him b/c he was SO patient as he waited 10-15 minutes for the tide to come in. The other highlight of Garrett right now, is he is saying these really long prayers(he says thanks for all the stuff he sees in the room...mom's blankent, the hot dog, the fork, Mollsy, etc...") So after an especially thoughtful prayer, we all said "AMEN" with a little flair. He responded to that by taking a bow. Yes, a bow, a very deep bow. A flair for the dramatic, this kid.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Garrett and his Mom...
Garrett and I have had a lot of quality time together since Molly has started school. Yesterday we went to the beach and he laid on this board until a wave would get kind of close and then he would hurry and stand up. I am still not sure if he has watched the surfers enough and he wants to try to "pop up" so he can surf, or if he is just scared of the wave. One finally took him and he "surfed" until he fell down. I had to take a pic of him b/c he was SO patient as he waited 10-15 minutes for the tide to come in. The other highlight of Garrett right now, is he is saying these really long prayers(he says thanks for all the stuff he sees in the room...mom's blankent, the hot dog, the fork, Mollsy, etc...") So after an especially thoughtful prayer, we all said "AMEN" with a little flair. He responded to that by taking a bow. Yes, a bow, a very deep bow. A flair for the dramatic, this kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BYU at SDSU Football Game
Buddies
Fall 2007
Molly Ann diggin at the Beach
Summer 2007
Buried in the Sand
I loved it when he got buried, because he would just sit there...it made the beach much more relaxing. :-)
What a cutie! I love the prayer, I can just picture him peeking around the room trying to find more things to bless--very funny!
ReplyDeleteMolly is adorable! Kindergarten can be rough on a Mommy, hang in there!
Thanks for your sweet comments Lisa, you've always been a sweet friend. Love you
Glad to hear that you and Garrett are having a great time. So far Marra and I have made jam. Yes, I am domestic when I have two cases of peaches! Miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteSo cute and how fun that you can spend your "free time" at the BEACH of all places! Lucky you!
ReplyDeleteJust saw your comment on my blog...I need to blog hop more often too and find old friends! Glad to hear from you again...your kiddos are adorable!! Meagan
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute kid. How fun that you live so close to the beach. It is so fun to listen to kids prayers...way to go Garrett.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute kid! I'm glad you are enjoying his "cuteness"!
ReplyDeleteGarrett is such a sweetheart! Love his prayers. Love the beach. Love your blog.
ReplyDeleteAs for mom of the year...I'll just let you THINK that I've got it all together...
but that would be boring. Right now not a single room in my house is clean, the toilets haven't been scrubbed in a month, I just yelled at Jennabee for not going to bed, and my kids haven't even had a bath this week. SO I think I'm out of the running.