
I had my first appointment yesterday, and the due date was officially set after they measured the size of the baby. March 19th! Here we come! Molly and Garrett are both excited(well Molly will be excited if it is a girl) and Garrett just keeps lifting up his shirt asking me to feel the baby in his tummy. As I saw the little one inside of me all comfy and cozy, legs a movin, and heart beating strong, I was reminded of the miracle. This little life growing inside of me, preparing to join our family, with no idea of what is really in store. I feel great gratitude, and great responsibility. Both sometimes overwhelm me, and it reminds me of Elder Ballards counsel: "Pray, study, and teach the gospel. Pray deeply about your children and about your role as a mother. Parents can offer a unique and wonderful kind of prayer because they are praying to the Eternal Parent of us all. There is great power in a prayer that essentially says, "We are steward-parents over Thy children, Father; please help us to raise them as Thou wouldst want them raised." He also says that the "joy of Motherhood comes in moments" and this little moment at the doctor's office is one of those "moments." It is also one of the only moments you get in the first trimester. So as He sends us another one of His little ones, and as much as I pray to be strong during this nausea, I pray more deeply to be a good parent.
Yeahhhhh. congratulations. I am so Jealous. Wish it was me that was prego. Hope you are feeling well. Your kids are so darn cute.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Lis!
ReplyDeleteGood due date. (my anniversary) Love those kids they are the best. I am trying to enjoy every moment with mine, and it really helps get past the crazy moments.
ReplyDeleteLove ya
Congratulations Lisa! You are an amazing example of motherhood to so many of us and I'm excited for you to have another one join your fam. Hope the nausea passes quickly! :)
ReplyDeleteLisa!!! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you. You are truly a wonderful Mom, I know the Lord is happy about sending another spirit to your home. Take care of yourself and good luck through this first stage--yuck!
Love ya!
I'm so excited for you all! You and your hubby will have to move from man-to-man defense to zone...start practicing now! March will be here before we know it!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I hope the nausea passes quickly so you can get to the "good" stage of pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteYeah, a perfect time to have a babe. Just in time to have that bod back for the Summer!
ReplyDeletemaybe...:-)
ReplyDeleteI love the blog! So cute! We miss you guys and your cute kids. I am sorry that you're still sick.
ReplyDeleteHaving a baby in March means that when you're in labor all day you get to watch the NCAA tournament. I had Annie March 18 and that's all the only positive memory I could muster (besides finally having her and no longer being pregnant). I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for writing such an uplifting post- that's an amazing feat during pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the new little one! Hope you get feeling better soon, but I'm sure the kids are learning all sorts of new life skills right? I think Molly did when Garrett was little if I remember right. . . . getting her own milk, etc. :)
ReplyDeletecongrats hope all is well i am looking forward to seeing your little munchkin are you going to ofind out what you are having? Keep updating your blog thanks
ReplyDeleteawesome, Lisa! that is great news. you beat me to it. hope you are feeling okay! can't wait to hear more soon.
ReplyDelete