Saturday, July 12, 2008

What a month!

It has been quite a memorable past few weeks.  Molly has learned to swim...after a little coaxing(I think at one point I offered her ten million dollars to get her to just put her face in the water).  But after a little practice, bribery and her getting a little courage, she did it.  She won't come up for a breath though, and she just swims across the pool in one breath...hopefully she isn't damaging her lungs.  She has also learned to read and "sound out" stuff.  She is proud of both her new skills and wants to practice them constantly.  Garrett has learned to use the potty!  Which is obviously fantastic for all of us.  He is super cute about it and loves his little underoos.  The best story from his potty training days has been when he had a little accident in his "Lightning McQueen" underoos.  I asked him, "When we need to go potty, what do we say to Mommy?"  He just looked at me with his big blue eyes, looked down at his underoos, and said, "Sowwy Wightning McQueen, Sowwy"   It has been a month of "firsts" and it has been a lot of fun.  These are fun ages to have the kids at.  I had a friend say once..."I wish they would just stay this age forever"  There are days when I think that...but there are other days when I wouldn't mind if they were a little more grown up. :-) 

6 comments:

  1. How fun! So many milestones this month. I love the story of Garrett's undies. I am excited to see Molly swimming and reading. We are getting ready to come down there next week. . .hopefully we can meet up for a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby is in swim lessons right now. And the quote of the week was when she fell and went under water and said "I went under the water and didn't die!!" Needless it hasn't helped the situation. So way to go Molly! Looks like things are moving along swimmingly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, you have the cutest kids! Congrats on learning how to swim and potty training...big accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going an entire day without a diaper change- you are living the good life my friend. Way to go! I love Molly and Garrett's festive hats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, potty-training.....I just potty-trained Tucker and life is grand. Oh wait, I still have another bum to change! Your kids are adorable and look just like mom and dad! I have joined the bloggin world, unfortunately so check it out! shipdog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such darn cute kids!! I loved the sowwy quote. Good thing you're writing this all down. You'll miss it one day! (except the potty training!)

    ReplyDelete

BYU at SDSU Football Game

BYU at SDSU Football Game

Buddies

Buddies
Fall 2007

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach
Summer 2007

Buried in the Sand

Buried in the Sand
I loved it when he got buried, because he would just sit there...it made the beach much more relaxing. :-)