Friday, May 9, 2008

Words of Encouragement

Never underestimate the power of words of encouragement.  Lately my little Garrett, out of the blue, will start cheering, "Go Mama, Go Mama" or "Go Molly, Go Molly" and put his hands up in the air, and cheer us on.  The first time he did it was when I was exercising at a park, on what seemed like my 1000th lunge, and he could tell I was starting to struggle.  He just started to cheer me on.  I felt a little boost, and continued on.  May seem silly, but it helped a little.  Granted this morning, he started yelling, "Go Mommy, Go Mommy." when I was cutting his grapefruit, and he wanted me to go faster so he could eat it.  BUT, I thought...words of encouragement are good...and I should never underestimate what it would do for someone else if I gave a little "Garrett Shout Out"  So, to all of you..."Go Mama!"

5 comments:

  1. We all need someone to say "Go Mama" every once in a while, so it is nice that you have a little guy to cheer you on everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny little guy! I wish mine would encourage me when I exercise! It might do me some good! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute kid! It is funny how they know just what to do to melt your heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've cheered you on before. Glad you have someone to do it for you now as a mommy rather than #31.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was teaching a 9 yr old how to play guitar hero and while I was playing Mary yelled, "yeah mommy!" It was awesome! I then proceeded to teach her how to say, "you rock mommy!" It was a proud moment for me :-)

    ReplyDelete

BYU at SDSU Football Game

BYU at SDSU Football Game

Buddies

Buddies
Fall 2007

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach
Summer 2007

Buried in the Sand

Buried in the Sand
I loved it when he got buried, because he would just sit there...it made the beach much more relaxing. :-)