I noticed my last post was for Hansen's birthday...so I may be down to 4 times a year for the blog, maybe 5 with Christmas. Oh how I LOVE and ENJOY this boy! When Garrett has a big day...or something great is happening to him...he naturally just gets generous and tries to make everyone feel as good as he does. He woke up early and ran down to see his requested Angry Birds cake. Because of the amount of time it takes to dip each cake bite this cake was way to intensive...but to have him RUN up to wake me up to tell me that it was the awesomest cake EVER! It turns out it was worth the two and half hours. He then went on to say sweet things all day. "Mom, the best things about my birthday so far are my cake and YOU!" or "Mom, I think you deserve to have the king pig, cause he's the biggest and you're the best. (he was out of school for the week, so we went to the Bean museum and he ran around with Hansen and did the "animal hunt" and I tried to keep up with Oivia. Then off to the creamery for lunch-which Hansen kept calling the Whip Cream.)
He had a great time with cousins and family at his party and made up some games...including a treasure hunt and a game where he set up pig targets(100 points if you hit the middle one and 28 and 62 points for the respective side pigs). :-)
This last picture is classic Garrett. Everyone was singing Happy Birthday to Garrett J again and he just stood there a tiny bit embarrassed but enjoying every single minute. At the end of the day, I was doing the dishes downstairs and Sam was putting the boys to bed...Garrett ran down and says, "Thanks for EVERYTHING mom." and ran back up. This little guy was just born with it. The gift of gratitude. Love him.
The cake looks awesome. I didn't know you had that talent too. Garrett sounds like a great kid!
ReplyDelete