One more little Baxter is coming our way in February. It will be interesting to see how it changes the family. So far, Garrett is convinced it is a girl and Molly is hoping desperately for a girl. So I am pretty sure a boy would be a disappointment. We won't find that out for 7 more weeks...but I had my one "moment" today hearing the heart beat. I am pretty sure this is always an emotional time for me because I am already hanging by a little strand of a thread from being sick for so long(and the prospect of being sick for so much longer is daunting). But this is my one moment. I have a hard time getting excited for the upcoming birth until I am feeling better, but I love this moment. Hearing that tiny heart beating so fast is beautiful. It is just beautiful. So I will plug along, and pray I can make it to Halloween(when the nausea goes away). Sam has pulled me through three of these already...so I logically know we will make it, it is just hard to see the light at the end of the very dark tunnel. I know it is a blessing to be a mother, and it is a responsibility I don't take lightly. But when Elder Ballard described motherhood as "moments" it put it all into perspective for me. Some moments are so good. Some moments are just plain terrible. Then there is lots of in between time. Today was one of my good moments. And I will hold on to that for as a long as I can. Or at least until someone starts screaming for something that they need. :-)
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Adding one more...
One more little Baxter is coming our way in February. It will be interesting to see how it changes the family. So far, Garrett is convinced it is a girl and Molly is hoping desperately for a girl. So I am pretty sure a boy would be a disappointment. We won't find that out for 7 more weeks...but I had my one "moment" today hearing the heart beat. I am pretty sure this is always an emotional time for me because I am already hanging by a little strand of a thread from being sick for so long(and the prospect of being sick for so much longer is daunting). But this is my one moment. I have a hard time getting excited for the upcoming birth until I am feeling better, but I love this moment. Hearing that tiny heart beating so fast is beautiful. It is just beautiful. So I will plug along, and pray I can make it to Halloween(when the nausea goes away). Sam has pulled me through three of these already...so I logically know we will make it, it is just hard to see the light at the end of the very dark tunnel. I know it is a blessing to be a mother, and it is a responsibility I don't take lightly. But when Elder Ballard described motherhood as "moments" it put it all into perspective for me. Some moments are so good. Some moments are just plain terrible. Then there is lots of in between time. Today was one of my good moments. And I will hold on to that for as a long as I can. Or at least until someone starts screaming for something that they need. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BYU at SDSU Football Game
Buddies
Fall 2007
Molly Ann diggin at the Beach
Summer 2007
Buried in the Sand
I loved it when he got buried, because he would just sit there...it made the beach much more relaxing. :-)
So exciting. I love hearing the heartbeat- it reminds me that I'm not slowly dying, just having a baby. Three cheers for awesome husbands who are in charge of everything until halloween. You da man Sam!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Lisa!!!
ReplyDeleteYEAHH. How exciting. Congratulations. Woo Hoo. SOOOOO jealous too. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! What a lucky little baby to get to be part of the amazing Baxter Family! So happy for you and your little one!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! You can do it, Lis! Just think of pre-season conditioning. Well maybe not. That might be a depressing thought. I don't know. I just know that you can do it cause we've been together during terrible moments... like pre-season conditioning :) You're an amazing woman. Can't believe you'll be the momma of 4!!!!! So neat.
ReplyDeleteCongrats cute Baxter fam!!!
ReplyDeleteNothing worse then having little ones to chase around when you are prego and sick...I feel your pain! Hang in there. Congrats. Enjoy all the moments you can with the 3 little ones you have - 4 for me hasn't been much different! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you and your family! I haven't gotten to see you as a Momma in action, but I KNOW you are a great mom! Hang in there...you'll forget how bad pregnancy was once that new baby is home! Yeah, right.
ReplyDeletecongrats!!! Wishing you a few moments of non-sickness, and moments to enjoy just 3.
ReplyDeleteWow, congrats! How far apart will the youngest ones be? You are ambitious! We should get together so I can hold your hair while you puke.
ReplyDeleteOh Yea! and Happy Day! Love these "moments", but at this point I am So happy it is your "moment"
ReplyDeleteWow, congrats!! You are seriously a trooper for doing this again!
ReplyDeleteYeah, so excited for you guys! Hang in there!
ReplyDeletePLEASE come see us. you can stay inside and take care of the new baby and we can put the other 3 to work on the farm!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!
love,
liz