




We've been enjoying fall with all our might! I keep forcing the kids to go play outside, "Cause this might be our last day of good weather." They are starting to catch on, and I am pretty sure they think San Diego weather might miraculously appear this winter. We are supposed to have a beautiful week too...so i'm not sure they will listen to me anymore.
We have been jumping and raking in leaves(Garrett did a full lay out dive on his first couple of dives...his cousin thought he was a bit crazy...we all do).
Halloween was really fun, with home made pizza's shaped like pumpkins at my mom's and trick or treating with cousins, and my fiasco of home made doughnuts. I don't even have a pic of what Molly dressed up as for the actual night of Halloween. She was a witch for some parties, a ballerina for the school parade, and a star for trick or treating. Hallo-week. Insane.
We had a couple of celebrations for Molly's birthday. My mom and dad did one with all of her cousins. She got "dollars" in her card...and she was pretty pumped. She is in the pic with her Grandpa O and Hansen. Doesn't she just look 6? :-) We then threw a surprise party because her Great Grandpa and Grandma just happened to be coming into town. She was so excited. She walked in and had a pretty stunned look on her face, and then just started hugging everyone. It was cute. I think she was sort of embarrassed so she just kept walking around hugging everyone. Garrett walked in right behind her and immediately started to cry and walk backwards. He was scared to death.(note to self, he is too little for surprise parties). I didn't post a pic, because all I had was video. But the first pic is of Hansen playing while I prepared for the party. :-) I made a little "sleepover" cake for her that was shaped like a little bed with little people in it...complete with little teddy gummy bears. She is the big 6, and we are so proud of her. She is the girl that already memorized her part for the primary program(three weeks away), and all her teachers love her...but she is only concerned about friends, friends, friends. She came at the end of the party and says, "Hey I didn't get cake"(we had cut and eaten it long before, but she was just TOO busy playing with all of her cousins. It is fun to watch her grow up.
A few things; Molly looks so old in these pictures! She is so grown up! I love Garrett's Skeleton costume. Hansen is just too cute for words. Sounds like you have a very fun Halloween! Can we come over next year?
ReplyDeleteI can't believe that Molly is 6. She is so cute- and speaking of grown up... Hansen is so big- sitting up like a big boy. Sounds like a great Halloweek. Hey and don't give up on the warm weather yet- you never know with all this global warming stuff or El Nino or whatever. It may be a lovely, balmy Utah winter. It could happen. :)
ReplyDeleteMolly reminds me a lot of my oldest, Bayley. We've had many Halloweens where she dressed up differently for each Halloween activity...meaning multiple costumes. Love it! Who wants to pick just one?
ReplyDelete