Friday, April 25, 2008

Sweet Peas from the Bells

This post is to help our family remember some really amazing people that we have met here.  These are some sweet peas that we got from these great people in our ward.  They are always calling to see if we want to visit and "pick" something or help with something in their home.  I have completely fallen in love with this cute couple.  They have done it all and seen it all.  They are in their 80's and the wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis REALLY bad.  She sat and told me stories the other day and I just thought how I wanted to be THAT cool when I am old.  I think that one of the reasons I love them so much, is they remind me of my grandparents who have already passed.  The most inspiring thing about her is that she can barely move, her hands are all curled up from the RA, and she gets up every day and does geneology.  She pokes at the computer with her painful hands.  She has about 70,000 names done or something like that.  When I think life is tough, I think of what it really means to endure to the end. I had wonderful examples of this with all of my amazing grandparents.  So this day, I am grateful for those examples around me and around my children of faithful people who endure gracefully to the end.  

11 comments:

  1. That's an awesome story. I wish I could meet them they sound wonderful. In fact I think my house could do with a few flowers......I think I need to live by neighbors and people I can understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really neat that you've gotten to know them. I'm sure they love seeing your cute kids! I know I love that! It's always great to have good examples around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, Your kids are soooo cute. I can't tell who they look like. How fun. Where are you living, in California? Such a cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lisa! It's Renee Hill Holland. I connected to you through Erin Hansen Packer - does that make sense!??? Your kids are darling. Please, keep in touch and don't mind if I check up on you every once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. my blog address is www.hollandgang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, she sounds a lot like Floyd Johnson's wife...remember sitting around talking to him and his wife! You are so cute...what a great relationship for your kids to have as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa! what a great post. its so important to have people like that in our lives, that help us keep perspective. looks like you and your family are doing great. you sure are cute! we really need to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alisha! I miss Floyd! Totally remember that! Caroline...yea! We need to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love people like that! We have a few couples in our ward who just make my day! A little couple stops to talk to me and my children while they are on their walk and my children love them both.
    I also miss Floyd! Just the other day I was thinking about going in his office and eating oranges while he shared a "new" scipture with me---I loved him!
    This post is making me miss all you BYU girls...hmmmmmmm....the good old days!!!!
    Love,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. those kids look like they are related

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa, I finally reconnected to your blog after finding your comment on Tera's. Just wanted to let you know that reading this post reminded me of the talk you gave in Spokane. I've never forgotten the story of you finding your Grandpa praying on his knees. That really touched me and I'll always remember it.

    ReplyDelete

BYU at SDSU Football Game

BYU at SDSU Football Game

Buddies

Buddies
Fall 2007

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach

Molly Ann diggin at the Beach
Summer 2007

Buried in the Sand

Buried in the Sand
I loved it when he got buried, because he would just sit there...it made the beach much more relaxing. :-)